Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Musings at Mill Race


This beautiful Victorian home is where I spent many days lazying away on the porch swing, and allowing my imagination to get lost in various novels. The creek running behind the house offered a natural lulling affect, while an abundance of shade trees offered a small shield from the hot sun.



On the other side of the home was a garden to die for. Every type of herb, vegetable, and flower ones heart could desire was growing here. Being a lover of summer gardens and roses, I couldn't help but wish and click my vintage heels together in hopes that this magnificent garden would be mine ( a girl can dream right?).


After spending a few hours in the village each day, I would peacefully walk out, but not before stopping here. This is The New School Church. I would peak through the whitewash windows, imagining all the towns people gathered praying, planning, and learning.

Have a wonderful and peaceful day,


1 Pretty Thoughts:

Tracy said...

just beautiful...I love the porch